Infinity® 16 Coastal Heat Pump
- Category Price: $$$
- Comfort Features: Best
- Efficiency: Up to 17.5 SEER / 9.5 HSPF
- Cooling Efficiency: Up to 17.5 SEER
- Heating Efficiency: Up to 9.5 HSPF
- Overall Efficiency: All sizes ENERGY STAR® qualified
- Highest Cooling Efficiency: 16 to 19.9 SEER
- Highest Heating Efficiency: 9 to 10.9 HSPF
- Cooling SEER: Up to 17.5
- Performance: Better
- Type: 2-stage scroll
- Application: Coastal (salt air)
- Sound Level: 67 decibels
- Quiet Level: Better
- Energy Star Qualified: All sizes qualify
- Summer Dehumidification: Compressor enhanced
- Compressor Type: 2-stage scroll
- Heating HSPF: Up to 9.6
- Sound Level As Low As: 67 decibels
- Green Speed Intelligence: NA
- Hybrid Heat Compatible: True
- Cold Weather Performance: Better
- Compressor: 2-stage scroll
- Capacity: 0
- Sound: 67 decibels
If you live within 10 miles of the seacoast, chances are you know how harsh salt air can be on an outdoor unit. This advanced Infinity series model is designed to withstand the rigors of your environment and is backed by one of the best seacoast warranties you’ll find for a heat pump.
With the Infinity 16 heat pump you can also enjoy two-stage compressor comfort, exceptional cooling and heating efficiency and, when paired appropriately with the Infinity control, greater energy savings and convenient system management features.
Should you choose to add an Infinity furnace with variable-speed blower motor you can have an energy-smart, Hybrid Heat® system with exceptional year-round comfort and savings.
- WeatherShieldâ„¢ protection featuring ArmorPlateâ„¢ coil coating5, 100% paint coverage and WeatherArmorâ„¢ Ultra protection for superior seacoast-corrosion resistance
- Up to 17.5 SEER cooling efficiency
- Up to 9.5 HSPF heating efficiency
- Sound: as low as 67 decibels1
- Superior humidity and temperature control
- Two-stage compressor operation for excellent comfort and quiet
- Compressor sound blanket and Silencer System IIâ„¢design
- Filter drier system protection from moisture and contaminants
- Ideal Defrost heating operation with Infinity control
- Non-ozone depleting Puron® refrigerant
- 10-year parts limited warranty2
- 5-year coastal corrosion parts limited warranty4
- Optional labor warranty available3
1 Quietest size within each model group during most common cooling operating condition.
2 To the original owner, when product is used in an owner-occupied residence, a 10-year parts limited warranty upon timely registration of your new equipment. Warranty period is 5 years if not registered within 90 days. Jurisdictions where warranty benefits cannot be conditioned on registration will automatically receive a 10-year parts limited warranty. See warranty certificate for complete details.
3 Ask your Carrier® dealer for details.
4 To the original owner, when product is used in a residence, a 5-year seacoast corrosion parts limited warranty. See warranty certificate for complete details.
5 Epoxy-phenolic coating for superior corrosion resistance.
- Up to 17.5 SEER
- Up to 13.5 EER
- Up to 9.5 HSPF
- All sizes meet ENERGY STAR® qualifications1
- Compressor enhanced summer dehumidification when managed by the Infinity control
- Excellent cold weather performance
- Hybrid Heat® system compatible when paired with select thermostats
- Sound: as low as 67 decibels2
- WeatherShieldâ„¢ protection package
- Two-stage scroll compressor
- System protecting high pressure and loss of charge switches
- Sound reduction: compressor sound blanket, Silencer System IIâ„¢ design and forward-swept fan blades
- Filter Drier
- Infinity level advanced diagnostic intelligence
- Recommended control: Infinity control
- 2-5 ton
- 208-230 V
- Heavy-gauge, galvanized steel construction
- Baked-on, durable powder coat paint with 100% coverage
- Steel, louvered coil guard
1 Proper sizing and installation of equipment is critical to achieve optimal performance. Split system air conditioners and heat pumps must be matched with appropriate coil components to meet ENERGY STAR criteria. Ask your contractor for details or visit www.energystar.gov..
2 Quietest size within each model group during most common operating condition.